Thursday 24 November 2011

Log: Sound

Log: Sound
Sarah Innes


Date
Lesson
Achieved
Reflection
22/09/2011
Today we experimented with reorganizing different types of sound to fit a car advert.  
I achieved the use basic skills of Cubase such as using Alt click to copy music and using tools to snap on and off button to control arrangements.
I need to learn to use Cubase quicker, wasted a lot of time remembering how to use it. Needed to create space on the computer to start working – wasted time.
29/09/2011
Today we experimented with sound effects; we added sounds to a pink panther cartoon making sure that the sounds fits in with the action.
I achieved mixing sound together to make a beat to fit in for the beginning credits.
This lesson did not go very well, the beat at the beginning sounded horrible; I found it hard to switch between times frames.
06/10/2011
Today we looked at a car adverts, are task was to add an additional soundtrack to it and apply more sound effects.
I have gained more experience surrounding Cubase, and learnt how to add music to video.
This lesson was ok, but I did have trouble sorting out the different sound and adding it in my track.
13/10/2011
To we looked more at the car avert, focusing on the different beats we can create in Cubase and getting more of a soundtrack effect.
I have gained even more experience surrounding Cubase, and learnt how to create a good soundtrack.
This lesson was good, as I understand more about the software and was is expected from me in terms of the ending sound.
20/10/2011
Today we looked at the Pink Panther video, we watch it over and got into groups to come together and create a voice over for the blind.
We achieved a lot this lesson, we got most of the script completed and I learnt more about the recording software.
Today was a good lesson; I got a lot done and understand more about creating voice overs.
27/10/2011
Today we carried on with the Pink panther video, trying to record sound and adding more to script.
Today I achieved hardly anything, the recording software was not working and nothing much was done.
This lesson was a bit of a waste as nothing was improved on from last lesson; we hit a dead end with recording the voice.
03/11/2011
Today we started the interactive media research, looking at different type of interactive media such as smart phone. To this I added an explanation about why this product was interactive.
Today I gained more knowledge of what kind of different interactive media is sold in shops.
Today was a good lesson and it was a nice break from using Cubase.
10/11/2011
Today we concentrated on improving are work from last lesson and making are plan of our final interactive media product.
Today I gained more knowledge about what is expected for this unit’s final product.
In today lesson I came up with a good idea about what I want to create for my final project.
17/11/2011
Today we wrote up more of the research for the interactive product, this included writing why you need a brief, writing your own brief and a brain storm of ideas to do with the product.
Today I gained more knowledge about what is needed to complete this unit concerning the different research which needs to be done.
I am happy with this lesson; it was very useful to learn more about the different research which needs to be done.
24/11/2011
Today we improve our work, project plan and additional research. After this we created a blog for our Sound unit and put up a link to it on Learn zone.
Today I gained more knowledge on what extra detail I need to add to the essays I have written.
Today’s lesson was good, I got lots of work done and organized the work using blogger.
1/12/2011
Today I continued to research into interactive media products, improving my work so it is relevant to the exam criteria.
Today I gained more knowledge one what types of products are on the market, one I thought were not relevant such as TVs.
It was a good lesson, got some needed work done.
8/12/2011
Today I downloaded my chosen video for my interactive media product; I also opened it in Cubase and started a time code script for my audio description.
Today I learnt more about what time of them my product is going to carry, as the video I have chosen has techno theme.
It was a good lesson I have completed some much needed work and I am pleased to start my final project.
5/01/2012
Today are lesson focused on using the ZOOM microphone, we made a windows word file to record the instruction. After this we made a Cubase file to start recording a voiceover for a Swift cover advert.
Today I learnt about using the ZOOM microphone in CuBase.
I enjoyed todays lesson, I learnt a lot about how to record voices ready to create sound for my interactive media product.
19/01/2012
Today I completed LO1 of the Sound Unit, this consist of completing research into different sound formats and the way sound is used.
I have achieved the completion of a LO1 and got closer to the end of the Unit.
I am glad I have finished more work; I have ticked off another LO.
26/01/2012
Today I inserted my three tracks and my video into the flash player.
I have achieved managing to convert four files to the correct format and work the flash document to link the files up.
I am glad I have finished the interactive media produce as now I can start evaluating it.
2/02/2012
Today I finished LO3, talking about how I inserted my three file into the flash file. After this I completed LO4 evaluating my product and how it is fit for purpose.
I have achieved the completion of all my work; I have made sure that I have included all my requirements and ask the teacher for extra feedback.
I am very pleased with today’s lesson. I have completed a lot of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment